Traffic Control Flagger
The Dalles, Oregon
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs traffic control duties and maintains roads in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Work is performed outdoors at construction sites, maintenance facilities and outside environments with exposure to inclement weather.
- Moderate physical demands; strength sufficient to lift and move items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds; may be exposed to safety hazards and dangerous tools and equipment.
- Performs traffic control and flagging activities as needed; follows safety rules and regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including placing signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Operates pickups and flatbed trucks (not requiring a commercial driver’s license), and miscellaneous hand tools in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; conducts routine equipment maintenance and daily equipment inspections according to County standards.
- Performs basic road repair and maintenance tasks; reports safety hazards and traffic problems. Performs manual labor assignments as needed, cuts brush with hand tools, chips, loads and hauls brush, removes dead animals along county roads, clears rights-of-way of brush and other debris to improve visibility or diminish road hazards.
- Does facility housekeeping and maintenance.
- Prepares reports and maintains records.
- Responds to emergencies as directed and performs tasks in the interest of public safety and property protection during emergencies.
- 18 years of age or older
- Traffic Control Flagging Certification Card
- Complete First Aid/CPR training programs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check