Heavy Equipment Mechanic
The Dalles, Oregon
Under the general supervision of the Shop Manager, performs maintenance, repairs and modifications of vehicles, heavy equipment and tools.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrives at job site(s) or shop on-time and ready to work.
- Services vehicles and equipment as needed to maintain and increase the functional value of assets to the company.
- Repairs vehicles, equipment and tools to ensure a prompt return to service.
- Performs tests, troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures to determine the cause of failure and appropriate measures for repair or service.
- Performs welding, machining, grinding, and other shop operations to facilitate service and repairs. Performs similar operations in the field as needed.
- Operates equipment, vehicles, tools to determine operating condition or service needs.
- Performs repair and service work on brake systems, fuel systems, electrical components, chassis, suspension, operator controls, gauges, etc. as needed to return equipment to safe operating condition.
- Travels as needed to job sites to perform service and repairs.
- Operates vehicles and equipment as needed to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic functions.
- Schedules work in conjunction with the Foreman and other mechanics to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to diagnose, repair and troubleshoot heavy equipment, diesel engines, brake systems, drive systems, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on all equipment.
- Take meter and fuel system readings.
- Assists others in shop or field operations as requested.
- Completes inspection checklists, reviews maintenance logs and performs other administrative duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 3 years experience preferred
- Must have own tools
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work on all types of equipment including preventative maintenance, repair, welding, and cutting
- Requires CDL with HAZMAT Endorsement
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check